Sunday 18 September 2011

PLAYGROUNDS AND ARCHITECTURE

Although after finding so many innovative ways to create a space which is enticing for children, the more I think about it, the more complex it is becoming for me to align this direction with a clear architectural resolution in response to the breif.

This direction is leading me to thoughts of developing an interactive education environment, a publicly accessible playground, which is appealing to children and will engage them and educate them about the parliament through a very visual and tactile approach. However this will not lead me to an architectural solution that I feel could be expected for this project. I have also given a lot of thought to how I could posssible create a transient and dynamic environment in which playground 'equipment' can be reconfigured into an architectural entity for use with the Parliament. The more I think about this however, the more I feel like I am starting to manipulate the direction to achieve what I think is expected from my and to ensure that my outcome will be soundly 'architectural'. I don't feel that this manipulation will lead to an appropriate response to the problem at hand, so for now I will leave the playground idea to rest and explore other avenues.

Aspects of this direction which I will hold onto though are:
  • The potential for an interactive architecture to be able to engage people..
  • Strength in visual communication to reach people.
  • The open, social, and accessible nature of parks to draw people together..

No comments:

Post a Comment